Friday 29 March 2013

Quick cure for Boredness

With being sick at the moment, I'm kinda achy and feeling blah, so spending a bit of time in bed. But when I'm not in rugged up in bed, I'm bored (get your mind outta the gutter).

So I've decided to take on a project. It's been a while since my last one, my Niece's cushion.

But that took months and I want something I can do  that will take a week max. I want some instant gratification. I've decided to take on dryer balls. With the wet weather now well and truly here, I imagine my dryer os going to be getting a workout, so timing is perfect. From what I hear these dryer balls make towels fluffier, cut down drying time, take out wrinkles, remove static and reduce pilling. So I've decided to give them a go.

I've got everything I need, according to craft websites. Wool yarn, stockings and time. Simple.

Wrapping the wool around and around and around, until I get something similar to the size of a tennis ball. Being so simple, I make 2 and that's it for now. Next time I do a load of washing, the balls will go into the machine and felt themselves. Of course they will shrink, but I think they're big enough, if not, I'll add some more yarn. And soon I'll have the fluffiest towels ever, perfect for when stepping out of a hot shower into a cool room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment :)